- A deposit will be required for all new rentals taking place.
- Please ensure that you check all scratches and dents on the vehicle before accepting it from the respective representative.
- Check for the spare wheel, tools, chips on the windshield and car stereo system.
- The Consumer is totally liable for any new damage on the vehicle while it is in their possession. Please ensure that the vehicle is kept in a safe environment at all times.
- All co-drivers will need to come in and complete a test drive and provide all their information prior to DSCMC adding any additional drivers.
- Tyre pressure needs to be checked on a weekly basis.
- All engine oil, water and any consumables needs to be checked on a weekly basis and should be topped up on the drivers account.
Roadside assistance and 24/7 assistance:
- In an event of an accident, mechanical breakdown or the vehicle not being driveable please make sure that you contact DSCMC (011 589 8250 / 072 639 1265) to report within 24 hours.
- The accident needs to be reported to the nearest police station within 24 hours in order for an insurance claim to be lodged
- If the accident is not reported or the relevant details is not given to us, you will be liable for 100% of damages on the vehicle.
- For mechanical problems contact DSCMC office and they will make the necessary booking arrangements at the nearest fiat approved centre in order for the relevant work to be carried out.
- Loan units will only be given upon availability and severity on the reason that a loan unit needs to be issued.
- A loan unit will not be given if the car requires a general service or the car has been mechanically damaged due to driver abuse.
- All traffic fines will have an additional R150.00 admin fee added onto of the full amount
- Discounted prices will not apply and all clients are liable for the admin fee.
- Fines will be automatically deducted from clients’ accounts the same way monthly rentals are. This will go off on the second day on each month.
- Traffic fines will be directed to the Consumer if they are in ownership of documents in accordance to the South African Road and Transport Regulatory.
DSCMC offer two types of insurance:
- Standard Collision Damage Waive – A standard waiver covering you on limited liability.
- Super Collision Damage Waiver – A super waiver covering you comprehensively liability.
Note: In the event of an accident occurring when the vehicle was not driven by the Consumer, or other authorised driver as nominated on the rental agreement, the Consumer will be responsible for the full damage to or loss of the vehicle. The Consumer will also be responsible if the vehicle was driven on unsuitable roads, or the Consumer was driving negligently or if no other car, animal or object was involved.
- One Way Fees
- Delivery/Collection Fees
- Personal Accident Insurance
- Additional Drivers Fee
- Other services e.g. Baby Seats available on request
- Accidents caused by negligence, examples below
Waivers do not apply to damage to glass, mirrors, lights, tyres, rims, hubcaps, windscreen or undercarriage, if no collision has occurred. Waivers do not apply if the damage was caused by water, if the car hit a pothole, or was driven on sand or gravel roads, or if the Consumer failed to ensure that the vehicle’s lubricant levels are maintained. Waivers are negated altogether if (among other things) the Consumer fails to report an accident or damage to DSCMC and the police within 24 hours of the accident or theft of the vehicle or as soon as is reasonably practicable in the circumstances.
These Guidelines shall be read together with the Full Maintenance Leasing Master Passenger & Light Commercial Vehicles Agreement (the Main Agreement), and in the event of any inconsistency between these Guidelines and the Main Agreement, the Main Agreement shall prevail, but only to the extent of such inconsistency